There’s nothing quite like a nice cup of Joe in the morning, but not everyone can handle the bitterness of black coffee. That’s where creamer comes into play.
The problem is, most store-bought coffee creamers are heavily processed and loaded with sugar. And if you are following a Keto diet, then this is a big no. So does that mean you have to sacrifice your creamy coffee and drink it black? Not at all!
Fortunately, there are many low-carb coffee creamers available. Whether you want your coffee sweeter, creamier, or dairy-free, we’ve got you covered.
This article will give you the inside scoop on everything you need to know about selecting the perfect Keto-friendly coffee creamer.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST KETO-FRIENDLY COFFEE CREAMERS
Walk down the grocery aisle and you’ll be faced with a host of creamers loaded with hidden carbs. The name of the game is to stay as low carb as possible. Don’t worry. It’s much easier than you think.
As a general rule of thumb: heavy cream is a go-to favorite for many Keto dieters due to its low-carb and high-fat content. Half and half - which contains a mixture of heavy cream and whole milk - offers a comparable carb count for fewer calories. Traditional coffee creamers – especially the dairy free kind – typically contain sugars and should be avoided on Keto.
Not a fan of dairy? No problem. Here are a few of our best tips when choosing dairy-free Keto-friendly coffee creamers:
- Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). MCTs are widely popular for their ability to help induce ketosis.[*] We suggest a high-quality MCT powder (which is made from MCT oil). Not only is it gentler on your digestion, but it’s also easily dissolved in your coffee and will give it a creamy texture.
- Almond milk and creamers: Unsweetened almond milk is a great Keto-friendly coffee creamer choice. There are also a few almond milk creamers on the market. Just make sure to look at the ingredient label for any hidden sugars.
- Collagen creamer: Collagen is the connective tissue of animals. It’s the most abundant protein in your body. Not only does it help create a great frothy texture to your coffee, but it also offers a host of potential benefits, particularly in relation to skin health.[*]
- Coconut milk or cream: Like regular milk compared to heavy cream, coconut cream has a higher fat content and a thicker texture than coconut milk. You can’t go wrong with either as a tasty, low-carb Keto creamer.
OUR FAVORITE STORE-BOUGHT KETO-FRIENDLY COFFEE CREAMERS
If you’re pressed for time or want a convenient way to use creamer without sacrificing ketosis, there are plenty of low carb options.
Here are our favorite store-bought Keto creamers:
- Coffee Booster Organic High Fat Coffee Creamer
- Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half Coffee Creamer
- Laird Superfood Unsweetened Original Coffee Creamer
- Omega PowerCreamer Butter Coffee Blend
- Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
- Caramel Super Creamer By Super Coffee
- Omega French Vanilla PowerCreamer
- Milkadamia Unsweetened Vanilla Creamer
- Rapid Fire Keto Creamer
Looking to start from scratch? Try out our popular Keto Coffee Creamer recipe. If you’re looking to add a little extra flavor, our Keto Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer is perfect for Fall.
If you are in need of further inspiration for your morning brew, why not try one of these delicious Keto-friendly coffee recipes.
- Keto Butter Coffee
- Ultimate Keto Coffee
- Keto White Chocolate Coffee
- Keto Butter Coffee with Heavy Whipping Cream
- Keto Cold Brew Butter Coffee over Cream
- Keto Iced Coffee Frappe
- Keto Fat Fueled MCT Coffee
- Keto Coffee Protein Shake
- Keto Indian Chai Coffee
If you don’t like your coffee black, don’t fret! As you’ve seen in this article there are multiple ways to enjoy your coffee without getting kicked out of ketosis.
Stick to our guidelines above and you’ll never have a problem staying Keto while enjoying a delicious coffee to start your day!
cdb1949a583 8 months ago
I mostly use heavy whipping cream and 1T Irish Gold butter. Smooth and yummy! I think I will try the keto collagen creamer! I have been off keto for a year but prepping to get back on that wagon. Best way to get healthy!
Ms_B_Valentin 2 years ago
I found the perfect coffee and creamer for me. It’s Keto Friendly has collagen it helps with brain fog too. If you copy and paste this link it’s a coupon 😊 https://modere.co/3nm8iVi
KetoMimi6 2 years ago
I started my low carb journey (40 gms/day) in Nov 2020. I have lost 39 lbs to reach my goal weight, but, more importantly, I lowered my A1C score so I am no longer pre-diabetic!! What helped me is finding the right coffee recipe. To 8 oz of coffee, I add one tablespoon of unsalted butter for creaminess and 4-5 tablespoons of Atkins protein shakes (combination of vanilla, mocha latte, cafe caramel, etc). These add minimal carbs but some protein which is good. And it’s easy to take a shake with you to restaurants to add to your coffee there. My friends and I did it this morning at Panera!!