Super indulgent, this gooey and decadent chocolate tart is a real low carb treat for special occasions.
Keep the carbs low by selecting a good quality dark chocolate with a high percentage cocoa – 85% or more.
The tart is best set over night in the fridge making this a great make ahead pudding for special occasions and entertaining guests.
- Prep Time:378 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 394 minutes
- Yields: 8 servings (per slice)
Macros Per Serving
8g Net Carbs
19g Total Carbs
- Butter, Unsalted, 3 tablespoon
- Xylitol by Now, 3 tablespoon
- Finely Ground Almond Meal Flour by Bob's Red Mill, 2-¼ cup
- Double Cream, 1-¼ cup
- Egg Whole, 1 small
- Cinnamon, Ground, ¼ teaspoon
- Salt, 1-⅛ teaspoon
- Excellence Intense Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa by Lindt, 5 ounce
- Vanilla Extract, ½ teaspoon
- Chopped Almonds by Shop Rite, 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and select a loose bottom tart case – about 18cm.
2. Add the ground almonds to a food processor with 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons of xylitol, the cinnamon and the salt. Pulse to combine and form a chunky crumb.
3. Add the egg to the food processor and blend to form a dough. If the dough is very sticky, add a little more ground almond.
4. Remove the dough from the food processor and press evenly into the tart tin so that the sides and base are an even thickness. Prick the base of the pastry all over with a fork and transfer to the oven to bake for 12 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown all over. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Whilst the pastry is cooling you can prepare the filling. Add the cream to a medium pan with the butter and 1 tablespoon of xylitol over a low/medium heat. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, stirring constantly to combine.
6. Break the chocolate into rough cubes and add to a mixing bowl. Once the cream mixture has reached a boil, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate to melt, add the vanilla and stir constantly to combine.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cooled tart case and transfer to the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours to set, ideally overnight. Scatter with flaked almonds to serve.