For a healthy lunch, try this ahi tuna meal prep! This recipe makes enough for 2 meal prep containers, so you can easily double the recipe to fill your week. Each bowl has a bed of fluffy cauliflower rice, tuna that is perfectly medium rare, and a few slices of avocado to round it all out! Garnish your bowls with extra sesame seeds, green onion, cilantro, or your favorite hot sauce!
- Prep Time:8 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yields: 2 bowls
Macros Per Serving
2g Net Carbs
7g Total Carbs
- Ahi Tuna, 8 ounce
- Salt, 0.5 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, 0.5 teaspoon
- Crushed Red Pepper by Simply Organic, ½ tsp
- Sesame Seeds, 1 teaspoon, whole pieces
- Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Avocado, 3 ounce
- Cauliflower Rice, 1 cup, cut pieces
1. Arrange 2, 4-oz tuna steaks on a flat surface. Sprinkle half the seasonings on the exposed sides of the tuna. Flip them over, and sprinkle the other half of the seasonings over the exposed sides. You can gently press the seasonings in so they stick.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Place the tuna steaks evenly in the pan.
3. Cook the tuna for 2 minutes. Then, flip them over. Cook for an additional 2 minutes before transferring the tuna to a clean surface to rest.
4. Wipe you pan clean, and return it to medium-high heat. Melt the coconut oil in the pan, then toss is the cauliflower rice. Toss the rice with a spatula until it soaks in the coconut oil and turns lightly golden.
5. To prepare the meal prep bowls, divide the cauliflower rice between 2. Slice and arrange one tuna steak in each bowl. Slice and arrange 1 ½ oz of avocado per bowl when you’re ready to eat.