Typically used in cold dishes, this recipe lightly sautés avocado slices in coconut oil to create a warming side dish with a little kick of chilli.
Great served alongside fish or meats, these sautéed avocados are also the perfect accompaniment to your summer BBQ in place of a standard salad!
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yields: 2 servings
Macros Per Serving
5g Net Carbs
15g Total Carbs
- Avocado, 2 each
- Cilantro, 2 tablespoon, chopped
- Coconut Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Hot Chili Peppers, Red, Raw, ½ each - approx 4" - 6" long
- Lime, ½ each - 2" diameter
- Salt, ⅕ teaspoon
1. Peel and pit the avocados and slice lengthways into thick strips. De-seed and finely chop the chilli pepper.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat. Add the avocado strips, diced chilli, a teaspoon of the lime’s zest and a generous pinch of salt.
3. Sautee over a gentle heat for 5-6 minutes until warm through.
4. Remove from the heat and stir through the cilantro.
5. Drizzle with fresh lime juice to serve.